At Ross Gower Group Limited we have always considered that we have Treated Customers Fairly and we are committed to acting in the best interests of our clients at all times:
- We will provide our clients with full "clarity of the offer" so that they understand what they are buying.
- We will ensure that there are no surprises and that a client's policy "delivers what's promised" at the time of a claim.
- We will ensure that we will "put things right, if we get them wrong".
- And we promise "not to take advantage" by engaging with our clients in an open and transparent manner.
We underpin these four business principles within our Treating Customers Fairly policy which requires amongst other things; that we:
- Provide continuous training to ensure our staff have the right skills and knowledge to do their jobs effectively.
- Engage in active consultation with our clients so that we fully understand their needs and requirements.
- Provide an objective assessment of suitability when making a recommendation.
- Communicate in an open, fair and respectful manner with clear, precise, relevant and timely supporting documentation.
- Provide an appropriate level of after sales service.
- Constantly measure and review the effectiveness of our treating customers fairly policy by analysing management Information from all areas of the business and amending our internal processes accordingly to improve the service we offer our clients.
Our policy is in line with the current guidance from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and principle six of the FCA that states a "firm must pay due regard to the interests of its customers and treat them fairly".
It is our intention to provide a high level of service at all times. If however you have reason to make a complaint about our service, we have internal procedures for handling complaints fairly and promptly. In the first instance you should contact as below:
In writing: The Manager, Ross-Gower Group Limited, PO Box 2, Insco House, The Rohais, St Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 3AA
or email: The Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01481 722222
Our procedure Your complaint will be acknowledged and we will aim to deal with any complaint however we received it within 3 Business days. If we cannot deal with your complaint within this timescale we will contact you and advise you in writing that we will then aim to deal with your complaint within 20 working days. If compensation or redress is felt appropriate details of this will be provided with full reasons for the decision. If it is not possible to respond to your complaint within 20 business days you will be advised of the reasons in writing and given a note of when you may expect a final response.
If you are dissatisfied with our final response you will have 6 months from the date of the final letter to contact the CIFO. You can contact the CIFO:
In writing to the The Channel Island Financial Ombudsman (CIFO), PO Box 114, Jersey JE4 9QG.